Windows 8

Apr 22, 2014

Is there an issue with Windows 8? I was using a mac (with Parallels) and it worked great, but slow. So I got a new Dell XPS 15 with Windows 8. I copied over a project and there is a lot of missing text. It seems to be text that was in boxes. Also, I can't actually play a slide. I can see there is audio, but I hit the play button, or the spacebar, and nothing happens. I can see the text in the thumbnail, but not on the actual slide.

I was going to try to re-import it fresh from powerpoint, but I don't have it installed yet.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Steve and welcome to Heroes!

There isn't a problem with windows 8 that would match what you're describing, and I use Windows 8.1 (recently updated) and haven't had any odd behavior like that. What I'd want to check is how you transferred the file, and to ensure that you're working with the files on your local drive.  Next, I'd also check that you're working with the slides at 100% view and that the DPI setting for your computer is set to 96 DPI.  If you're still having difficulty you may also want to import your exiting Storyline project into a new Storyline project to see if it resolves the behavior. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.