Word Publishing Not Working - Storyline 360

Aug 08, 2021

Hi everyone. Using Storyline 360 with VMware on a Mac here. Whenever I try to publish as a word document storyline spends about 1 sec generating the file, states it's complete, but does not generate any actual file. Clicking view file or zip is unresponsive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled storyline but the issue persist. I do not have word installed, but I should be able to still generate a file regardless of this. Thank you for your help!

2 Replies
Sean Gilmour

Having the exact same issue on Windows 10 and I also have MS-Word installed.

This happens for me almost always. Normally if I complete a publish on all other outputs first the Word Publish does not complete, even though it goes through all the steps. So make sure you do a Word Publish as your first publish.

If I publish Word first I usually can get this to work, but very random. If I don't publish Word first then I have to do the following to get a word output:

1. Delete the 'storyline output folder'
  2. Re-publish to Word.

But recently this work-around has also stopped working, so I've tried:

• Re-starting Storyline - get all the progress etc, still will not produce a word document
  • Rebooting - get all the progress etc, still will not produce a word document
  • Publish to a different folder - this seems to work, for me. I changed the output location to a new folder that has no Articulate assets and that seems to work.

Becca Levan

Great call on opening a case with our support team Ryan — I see my teammate, Shiela, is taking great care of you!

Sean, I appreciate you sharing these details, and I encourage you to connect with our team here if you're getting stuck. Then one of my teammates will be in touch shortly after!

Oh, and a big welcome to E-Learning Heroes to you both! ⭐️