Working, reviewing and presenting story line 360 in Full screen of a computer.

Jul 26, 2017

I was wondering why your work in SL 360 is not able to display in a full screen or near that. It is like having a 60 inch TV but it appears as if you have a 12-inch screen. It takes away some of the impact of the software features and production value in a course. It would be so much more dynamic in a larger screen view. The max size view currently is simply too small. Is there a way around this?    

12 Replies
Dion McBeth

Thanks everyone

I'm pretty new to Articulate.  I thought that when previewing SL 360 on the various device that it would be shown at the size the intend viewer would see it. It appears that this not the case when viewing in the computer mode.

I wanted to see it in a larger screen size. I have adjusted the player to optimize the size but it normally is a third to a quarter of the screen size available.  Also to wait until you have published your project to see it in full screen is kind of putting the cart before the horse. I have found no issues with this in Rise. If you have any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you

Dion    

Crystal Horn

Hey Dion, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I can understand why you'd like to see the player and browser window size reflected in preview mode.

The Player Properties settings, specifically how the player and browser resize, are communicated to the browser directly in the published output.  There are a few options there that, without having the course open in a browser, won't quite function using the preview window.

We always recommend doing a run-through of your course in its final environment to make sure everything is playing as designed!  Let us know if anything is not working as expected, as we're always happy to help. 

Brian Allen
Dion McBeth

These are the setting screen shoots. Trying to get it to come forward in size and scale.

Dion, the screenshots are very helpful.

Screenshot #2 shows your player size settings, and it looks like you're using the default 720x540 (4:3) player size, which is fairly small, especially when previewed on a large HD monitor.

It is on this screen that you would want to adjust your player size if you want to go with something bigger.

One of my favorite player sizes to work with is 16:9, 1000x562. Lots of real estate to work with but not full screen on a 1280x720 monitor.

Ashley and Crystal both posted some great tutorials for adjusting your player size:

Hope this helps,

B

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Happy to help Dion and keep us posted what else you may need! 

I'd also look at changing your player size setting to - Scale player to fill browser windowKeep in mind that it will scale the whole player and the content - so if there are items that are needing clear/crisp detail scaling that larger may cause some blurriness. 

Brian Allen

Hello Dion, I only see one screenshot attached but it looks great!

Your view in SL360, while authoring your course, can be adjusted as needed to zoom in to 100% or smaller to fit the entire slide in your view, which will scale it down and make it smaller.

If you run multiple monitors you can also undock parts of the SL360 authoring interface and put them on separate monitors, allowing you to author your course with a larger view.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.