XAPI statements and the tincan manifest

Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to xapi. We've been experiencing problems with the LMS/LRS we are using not marking people off as complete. So I uploaded some of our content to Scorm Cloud, ran through the course and checked the xapi statements. The first thing I noticed is that the screen names haven't come through, so in each xapi statement, each screen is just an ID. Can this be fixed?

Secondly, I noticed that my xapi manifest file is full of references to the adlnet.gov domain. Is this ok or should it be changed? Should I need to do any customization of my manifest file to include my own domain at all?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Attachments include a snapshot of my manifest and a screenshot of the xml statement history from scorm cloud.

David.

7 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, David -- Thanks for reaching out with your question here! I think your situation could benefit from having our Support Engineers take a closer look at the information you have provided. Please feel free to use this form to submit a case. I will be on the lookout for your ticket to follow along with their progress, and share relevant updates here in the thread. :)

Pankaj Agrawal

Hi David,

References to adlnet.gov are perfectly fine. They are mostly Verb ID's and Verb ID is a URI. It is just an identifier. 

 

Regarding the names and questions and other things referenced as IDs. It is the way Articulate tries to minimise data sent to the LRS. 

This article will give you some related information: Human Readable name instead of IDs for Articulate Content

 

 

 

 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jesse!

I took a look at David's case and it seems that they moreso discussed tracking issues.

I did see this mentioned when David specifically asked about xAPI:

We do not have any documents specific to courses published with Tin Can API. Here is our article on troubleshooting common LMS issues.

If you wish to contact David directly, you may do so via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile.