5 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Christopher!

You may find that translating Articulate Storyline content via XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF) doesn't work as expected. You may receive a successful (congratulations) message but find that your course is still in the original language.

When exporting text from your course for translation, we recommend selecting one of the Microsoft Word export options if you plan to translate the text manually. The XLIFF export option is optimized for use with XLIFF translation tools, and it may not work properly if used for manual translation.

Christoph Krieger

Thanks for your response.

As we give our files to a professional translation service it is not possible to use the word output.

For one thing they want it as XLIFF and for other thing I bet they would destoy formatting when they would use the word file.

As it is a praised feature of storyline it should work I think

By the way SDL Trados Studio 2014 is an XLIFF translation tool.

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Julie,

It looks like Christie took care of you in this thread and I copied her answer here for you Christoph: Many thanks for your question. You may want to take a look at this information on Translating SL2 Content and choose en-GB within the xliff file itself. Please let us know if that does the trick of if you still need additional assistance.