Zoom Icon

Aug 03, 2020

Hi!  I just saw a Storyline 360 module (that I was able to see the content) that has an icon that allows you to zoom the image.  I looked all around and could not figure out how it was done.  I did not see a trigger, the only thing I saw was that the image was an .emf.  I did not see anything in the states either.

(I don't have the contact info for the author).

Does anyone in the community know how this done?

Thanks...

9 Replies
Walt Hamilton

According to this: https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-format-pictures-screenshots-characters#size, which is a new thing I just learned researching this topic, the Zoom Picture only works if you insert a picture, then resize it smaller. Zoom Picture zooms it to its original size. So, you need to put the picture in a graphic program, and enlarge it. Then import the enlarged version, and shrink it.

Or here's another way I have done it. I imported the picture, put a zoom region on it, took a screenshot of the zoom result, and pasted that into the zoom state.

Cindy Bryant

I like using the zoom icon - however some of our learners are simply clicking the zoom icon and leaving the image in the enlarged state - the slides are set to move automatically and their experience is that the voice over starts, but the new slide doesn't appear - instead the enlarged image just stays put. Is there a way to make the image go back to size prior to moving onto the next slide?  Do I simply add directions or is there something I can do?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Cindy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what some of your learners are experiencing.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.