Zoom option for the embedded image in Storyline 360 - not really zooming

Jul 06, 2020

Hey colleagues,

I have found a couple of 7-year old threads on this topic but this doesn't help my situation much--
My use case is:

1. get a large image into the Storyline (larger than a slide),
  2. let it be auto-schrunk by the Storyline (to fit the screen on a preview),
  3. have a zoom-icon on it,
  4. when a user click on the Zoom - they can see the zoomed-in image (real size).

However, when I follow these steps - the zoom is not actully zooming, it is doing nothing apart adding a grey area on the image sides.

If I keep the image from auto-resizing then I will only see a part of it and it won't zoom anyway.
    So how does it suppose to work then?
    I attach here the .story file and the published :

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b32b4433-f86a-430a-8d64-e9e13ebb28d9/review

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Irina,

Thanks for sharing the details of what you are working on as well as a sample file for us to take a look.

Your image will not zoom to larger than your slide/player available space. Let me explain a couple of your options:

1. Zoom region - great to highlight a specific piece of the image if needed. (Scene 2 attached)
  2. Zoom picture - great for images that are smaller on your slide, but you'd like the option for learners to zoom in if needed. (Scene 3 attached)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.