Zoom Picture

Sep 16, 2013

I have used the Zoom Picture several times before,however I am now unable to get the feature to work in the preview mode.  Have not checked to see if it work once the file is published, however I would really like to know what the issue is.

Thanks

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi John,

Is it one particular file that you're having a problem with or all of your Storyline files? If it's one particular file you may want to import it into a new Storyline file to see if that solves the problem. If it's across all your Storyline files, you may need to conduct a repair of the software.  

Some other items to keep in mind to prevent erratic behavior are:

• Work on your local (typically C drive, as working on a network drive or USB can cause behavior such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and loss of resources.
  • Check that the file paths to your projects and published output are well under the 260-character limit imposed by Microsoft Windows. 
  • Avoid using special characters, accents, or symbols in your file paths and file names.

If after following the steps above, you're still having difficulty with the zoom region, would you be able to share your .story file with our Support team? 

David McDonagh

I haven't been able to get the Zoom Picture functionality working for a while either. I know it did a while ago but I stopped using it because it wasn't working and I didn't really need it. 

I have a situation where I'd really like to use it now, which led me to this post. I keep pretty up-to-date version wise, and it didn't work on my last version, and I just downloaded v3.26.18364.0 after seeing your previous comment.

Is there something I'm forgetting to do? Need to add another state? Do the images need to be within a certain size?

Jan Brooks

This always happens on deadline, right? Murphy's Law. It's a confidential document, so it has to go to the Support Team. When I'm done with the project, I'll send a snippet of the course to them.

Regarding the icon not appearing (Re: Chrissie) - in my course the icon appears in development view and disappears in Preview and when published. The wacky thing is I use this on many images in the course and only 1 of the instances is problematic. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Truer words, Jan... hope you're able to meet the deadline and we're standing by whenever you're able to share! 

Chrissie, 

Are you seeing this on all images or just one in particular? What's the image file type you're using? If you're able to share, we're here to help and take a look! Feel free to use the same link to share here in E-Learning Heroes or sending along to our Support Team.

Chrissie Frank

It's happening sporadically with various images from different sources, I haven't figured out a connection yet. These images are .jpgs. I deleted them, went to the source, re-saved them, and added them again and was able to get the zoom functioning again this time.

[cid:image001.png@01D42EF3.A5B489B0]
www.AIRChildcare.com
888-994-2247

Chrissie Frank - Instructional Design Lead
AIR Child Care Training Solutions
888-994-2247 | CFrank@aircpr.com
855-657-2935 - Fax

LIKE us on [cid:image002.jpg@01D32BD1.468A14D0] for information, promotions, and discounts!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This communication from The American Institute of Resuscitation may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you receive this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.