Zoom Picture

Sep 17, 2013

I am adding the Zoom Picture function to my slide.  The button for users to click to zoom in on the picture is added to the bottom right corner of the picture.  I would like to place it in another position.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Barb and Ashley,

Barb, just in case you want a work around, Mike Enders wrote a blog post on creating your own zoom effect.

I've attached a rough example I'd put together after reading his post...I'd play around with a few ideas, but I've simply pulled one slide and am uploading that one here.

For this example, I simply wanted Learners to be able to zoom in and out with a click. So I used Mike's instructions on creating the selected state.

I also added a grow and shrink animation to the selected state so the zoom in and out had a little more pizazz. Adding animations to the states is a little funky, so I always use Phil Mayors trick which is

• Click to make the state active (in this case the selected state)
  • Add the animations
  • Cut the object from the state
  • Paste the object back into the state.

Maybe that's more than you wanted to know, Barb! Or, if you want to know more, please shout out with any questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.