AUDIO DISAPPEARING

Feb 02, 2014

I am editing modules and working on my local drive. After editing slide content the audio, which I checked was there at the beginning of the process, disappears. 

PLEASE HELP!!

4 Replies
Jessica Broz

This happens each time I insert a saved quiz from quiz maker. I only using my local drive. 

I am reading through this article: http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter-09/audio-is-missing-or-lost-in-published-presenter-09-presentation

to try to figure out this very frustrating problem. I am updating 10 modules and this is happening more frequently and my deadline is quickly approaching!!

I need help. This seems like a MAJOR problem with the software. 

Jessica Broz

I reviewed the article. An old ppta is being saved but I am unable to open it to look for my audio as the article says that the audio should be in that file. I get an error message error: Could not find associated presentation.

Is there anyway you can troubleshoot this without me going through the labor intensive PM upload?

Thank you. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jessica!

Are you saying that you are seeing one of these files:  -old.ppta

In the event that an -old.ppta file is generated, you can easily reconnect it with your PowerPoint file, which will restore your missing audio resources.  Here’s how:

1. Close PowerPoint.
  2. Rename or delete the new (empty) PPTA file to break its link with the PowerPoint file.
  3. Ensure that the PowerPoint file and the original PPTA file (i.e., the -old.ppta file) are located in the same folder.
  4. Remove “-old” from the PPTA file name, so that it has the same file name as the corresponding PowerPoint file.

As long as the PowerPoint file and the original PPTA file are located in the same folder and have the same file name, they will re-link, and your audio will be restored.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.