Adaptive Learning

Oct 24, 2018

Hello,

I would like to rise a subject of "Adaptive Learning" and how it can really be implemented. 

I have seen a lot of articles and they tend to say that it isn't anything new to the e-learning, however when I try to build a course with multiple learning objects and I want my LMS (Docebo or CornerStone) to be able to track multiple results and be able to deduce what those results mean it doesn't happen.

What I have( 3 LO): Initial test, Learning material and Final Test.

What I need:

User attempts the initial test, if he passes, the entire courses (containing the 3 LO) becomes complete. If he does not pass then he has to go to the second LO (Learning Material) and then he has to take the Final Test (third LO). In this case the entire courses becomes comlete when the final test is passed.

For some reason my client wants it to be 3 separate scorms.... (maybe because of the size).

I would love any advice on building what I have described  above or if not possible, then put it into one scrorm, but then how I trigger the completion status? (I mean as far as I understand I can choose only one trigger to mark completion status. I would like something like "mark as complete if result slide 1 is ok OR if the result slide 2 is ok.)

By the way I work in 360

Any advice would be helpful and thank you in advance.

Ksenia

1 Reply
Joanne Chen

Hi Ksenia,

Sure you can build what you described in SL360 and put it into  one SCORM. You can simplely create a T/F variable called 'Completion' with an initial value equal to False.

1. Adjust the variable 'Completion' to true when user pass the initial test.
  2. Adjust the variable 'Completion' to true when user pass the Final Test.
  3. Set a trigger for completing the course when variable 'Completion' changed

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.