Adding Google translate Widget to Storyline 360 Document

Aug 16, 2019

Assalam-o-Alikum!

As a part of Articulate community,  and a new user, i'm trying to Translate StoryLine 360 document using Google Translate Widget, but the document is another format as SVG and it don't output the HTML but its shows the SVG format which google translate can't read and translate it.

Is there any way to add Google Translate Widget to document so it will be easy for my students to translate the document in the language they want to read instead of attaching Translated file everytime for every language.

For better understanding, i have attached a screenshot.

Thanks

Ghulam!

3 Replies
John Willis

I've been looking at this for some time, I've noticed that only the player would ever be picked up by google translate. Anything on the 'stage' would be ignored, the only solution I've found to this yesterday was by adding Closed Captions.

Once the course launches and you load Closed Captions this doesn't sit in the stage and Google Translate is able to pick up the text and translate the captions. 

Hope this is of some help to anyone. 

UCP Connect

I know this is an old topic, but did anyone find a solution for this?

Our company needs to allow users to translate courses into their chosen language. We use the Gtranslate Wordpress Plugin to allow users to translate our LMS website, but the plugin doesn't translate the Storyline modules.

While captions are translated, the instant a new caption appears on the page, the text reverts to English. For Rise, users need to unselect and re-select the language option each time to trigger the translation.

Is there a plugin that works without the need for re-loading the page?

Thanks,

Baljot