Articulate Storyline 2 & DiscoverLink

We recently (within the past year) have started utilizing DiscoverLink as our LMS. I wanted to reach out to you all and see 1) if there's anyone else out there in the Articulate world that uses this LMS and 2) if anyone of you have found tips/tricks/settings that work best in your projects with this LMS. 

I'm working on an "eLearning Standards" document that includes the best publish settings for various projects in Articualte, and basically anything else applicable to make Storyline projects function the best inside our LMS. I have a lot of documentation from the LMS, and have discovered a lot working through it on my own...just wanted to reach out and see if there was anyone else out there with tips/tricks/settings for this particular LMS.

2 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hey Madeline!

Thank you for posting your question here in the E-Learning Heroes forums. That's a really great topic! I just did a search of the community threads and did not find any other discussion mentioning DiscoverLink LMS that I can point you to, but hopefully someone else who's using it will jump into the convo. I'm just curious, can you give an example of what types of things you're documenting re: Storyline publish settings? What kind of things have you discovered that make your Storyline courses work best in that LMS? I'm just curious for my own knowledge!! Thanks! :) 

Madeline F

Nicole,

I'm working on best practices for everything! For example, we found if we publish a video and incorporate it into a Storyline project, if the quality settings are too high, the video will play for us but once it's in the LMS, the project freezes so we had to narrow down the best publishing settings.

Also we've found glitches in Storyline where our animations and interactions work great for us until we publish the project so we have to constantly check our projects inside our LMS and even just in published version because it acts different....I don't know why that is but it has been very challenging because we can get something exactly how we want it but in the published version it doesn't work like it does when we preview it in Storyline.

Basically, I'm looking for anything that can be done to make our projects run better in the LMS. I don't know if this is just in DiscoverLInk or if other LMS's present these same types of challenges.