Building a Portfolio 101

Feb 12, 2019

I'm going to be leaving my current company and they have given me permission to take my non-proprietary Articulate Storyline 360 eLearnings with me.   Most of the articles I've been reading on e-Learning Heroes are a few years old, so I'm not sure if the information is up-to-date.  I don't have Articulate at my home so here are a couple of my main questions:

- Is Amazon 3 still a good option for an online portfolio?

- I'm assuming that I would be emailing the content from my work to my home in order to upload the content. If so, can someone please let me know what I'm going to need to upload?  For example, do I need to publish the files to the web and then zip all of the files and email them to myself? Is there a preferred format for publishing to Amazon 3 (e.g. Flash with HTML fallback)? Etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Catherine,

As far as I know, Amazon S3 is still a good option for hosting web versions of your courses.

Depending on how many courses you have, it may be easier to put them on a USB stick or an external hard drive instead of emailing them to yourself.

I would keep the source files (.story) as well as a published version (for web) just in case you have the software later on and want to update them. 

I would publish them as full HTML5 or HTML5 with Flash fallback, since Flash is no longer being used by many browsers.

Hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.