Content Library Slide Templates

Dec 01, 2020

Hi,

I'm working on my first course and I'm a nervous (excited too) wreck! One of my insecurities is color themes and visual design. I'm new to ID and this will be my organization's first eLearning course using an authoring tool.  I'm not being given as much time as originally promised for this course and so I need to focus on creating more engagement as it' s loaded with information. To save time and make it visually appealing, should I try using the content library slides?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you!!

KK

5 Replies
Chris Dale

Welcome to the team Kandice. TBH I've never used any of the library slides as I prefer to create my own but if time is short I don't see why you shouldn't. You can always use them as a template to get you going and inject some of your own ideas and personality. 

It might be worth asking your comms team if they have a brand guideline to follow as you don't want to go to all the effort just for them to say it doesn't follow the brand you need to change it. If you have one of those you can set up the colour theme which will also save you some time in the long run.

Have fun.

Cristina Graham

Hi Chris,

Thank you!

I think you're right. I can use the slides and then tweak as I see fit. I do hope with time I will get better with design or I will figure out if that's not my strength! I think it's great that Articulate 360 has the content library slides because I do think they can give me ideas. You're right about the brand guidelines, however, I doubt we have anything. 

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. 

Thank you!

Kandice

Sarah Hodge

Hey Kandice! How exciting! I just wanted to chime in and share this article with you on the 3 Things to Do Before Building Your Storyline 360 Course.  It includes some helpful tips to set you up for success.

I also want to point out that Rise 360 is also a great option since you mentioned you don't have a lot of time. It’s quick, the output is beautiful, and the content is inherently responsive. If you do decide to use Rise 360, here's an article on How to Brand Your Rise 360 Course. Best of everything with your project! 😊

Cristina Graham

Hi Sarah!

So sweet of you to follow up with me with these resources. Thank you! Honestly, I would have used RISE,  but the SMEs are recording quite a bit of audio and it flows better to be able to listen to the audio in sync with the slides. I wish Rise offered this as well. Is this in the works?

Plus, I do need to get my hands dirty with SL360! I really like the article you sent and plan to sketch out my ideas using it.

Thank you!

KK

Sarah Hodge

Hi Kandice! That makes sense to use Storyline 360 since you want to sync animations and slides. In Rise 360, you can add audio to some of the different block types. The audio will play when the user views that particular lesson and clicks the Play button. We've shied away from auto-play audio generally in Rise because it's really non-standard on mobile devices.

One last thing. I also wanted to share this Storyline 360 resource. It includes user guides, video tutorials, and other helpful info. Have fun creating your course in the wonderful world of Storyline! 😊