Customized Player to Customize the Location of the Logo

Dec 27, 2016

This had been discussed before but no clear answer was given, this is why I'm putting on the table again hoping for a good answer. 

I need to put the company logo at the top bar of the player (not on the side and not using Slide Master). I need the logo to be at the top to the player right next to the menu bar. 

you help is highly appreciated. 

NOTE: I had never wrote xml :)

5 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi Ibrahim!

Unfortunately it's not possible to place the logo there using Storyline default functionality. It might be possible with XML but it's not something we support or that I can provide instructions for, sadly. As explained in these directions, the logo with Player Properties will be added to the top of the sidebar. If you'd like to see the ability to add it elsewhere, please don't hesitate to fill out a feature request. :) 

OWEN HOLT

You could use a bit of javascript code to place the logo in the browser outside of the SL player. 
A little clunky, but it might be good enough for your company. 
The code would look something like this:

//create the image node
var newLogo = document.createElement('img');

//specify the location of the logo
newLogo.setAttribute('src', 'https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/598332872794112000/M-PNTPay.png');

//specify the height attribute that you want for the logo
newLogo.setAttribute('height', '100');

//specify the width attribute that you want for the logo
newLogo.setAttribute('width', '100');

//add the logo as the first element that appears in the body of the html page.
document.body.insertBefore(newLogo, document.body.firstChild);

The result is your logo in the top left corner of the browser. The effect is best with HTML 5 which places this next to the SL Player. Regular HTMl is a bit ugly as the logo will also be above the player, pushing the SL content down. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.