Customizing SL360 content based on user

Mar 20, 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for tips and best practices for tailoring Storyline content based on user and/or group.

For instance, I develop a single course for both internal users and external 3rd party users (vendors). At the onset, our vendors enter a special code that which I've previously provided. When they enter the code, variables and triggers redirect their content around internal company content.

In another example, I separate content for a one of our geographically flung groups by having them check a box which holds the branching trigger.

For some reason though, I feel like there could be better ways to handle custom content.

What are some of your design solutions?

-Sandi.

2 Replies
Sandi Williams
Matthew Bibby

Here one way you could approach it:

• Build everything in the one .story file.
  • Seperate each groups version into it's own scene.
  • Publish each scene independently.

That way, you get the benefits of only having one .story file to maintain but you don't need to make users jump through hoops to get the right content or run the risk of people accessing content that isn't intended for them. 

As far as external vendors go, SCORM Dispatch might be worth looking into.

Hmm. Thanks for the response Matthew. SCORM Cloud is not an option for me and I already build everything into one .story file. Although, I am curious to know how I could publish each scene independently. Almost seems in this case like I would create separate .story files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.