Design help

Jun 21, 2017

Hello everyone, I'm currently building my 4th course so I'm getting comfortable and loving it! This course is an intro to one of our new systems. This system has 2 different versions and one of my scenes focuses on the differences, so basically a simple version vs. enhanced version. What would be the best approach to this design? TIA

3 Replies
Trina Rimmer

Hi Valentina. Your 4th course already? Time flies when you're having fun and learning along the way! 

Have you considered building your training around a scenario or real-life situation to help illustrate the use case for the system and demonstrate its value to users? That might be a good way to help folks understand the differences between the two versions.

There are lots of great discussions on ELH with advice for making systems training more engrossing, but I found this one to be really helpful: How Can I improve IT Systems Training Design? I definitely recommending digging into that one for some more creative ideas!

Valentina Franco

THANK YOU! I will review.

Valentina Franco
Instructional Designer | CPP | Learning + Development
o: 866.903.4415

**NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments hereto, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy the original and all copies (including electronic versions) of this message and any of its attachments.

Daniel Brigham

Hi, Valentina: If they are related (one simpler, one more complex) you might think of second being an extension of the first. So as far as a theme/design goes, for the simpler course, you could have a classroom setting (another alternative would be a "personal workplace" setting, say an office cube). Then maybe for the more advanced version, you could have the learner "out in the wild," wherever that is given the product in questions. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.