Differences between SCORM 1.2 and 2004

Jun 12, 2014

Hi all,

Just a technical question if I may... what are the MAIN Differences between SCORM 1.2 and 2004?

Does SCORM 2004 show more tracking data than 1.2 on a LMS?

If I produced an Articulate quiz with questions such as True or False, Fill, in the blank, click on the hotspot, match the values (ALL the types of questions that you get with Articulate Quizmaker etc, published it in SCORM 2004 format, would an administrator be able to see the user's actual answers to these questions on the LMS itself?

For example, if the learner answered "TRUE" to the first question, the LMS would actually display this instead of just a score/percentage for the user's test results?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and best regards.

Keith

1 Reply
Rebekah Massmann

I'm interested to hear from others as far as the technical differences. What I know is that in our specific situation (SuccessFactors LMS and Storyline), we need to use SCORM 2004 to report answer level data.

However, my understanding is that you are limited to certain question types that will report properly (for example, short answer). I don't know for certain this is the case, so I want to follow this thread to find out.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.