Drag and Drop

Jun 04, 2019

Hello,

I have a Drag and Drop (D&D) related query in Storyline. Here, the D&D has 3 buttons; Submit, My Answer and Correct Answer. I could successfully show Submit and Correct Answer. How do I capture the user's drag and drop movements and showcase as My Answer? This is so that the user can compare his moved elements in the Drop targets with the correct answer. 

Thanks

Sajna

9 Replies
Anand Morab

Hello Allison,

Thank you for replying.

I was working on a sample slide. It looks complex to me. I am attaching the screenshots of the actual course slide which we need to recreate. I just built with 4 boxes and some dummy text in it.. and trying out how to work on it...so I don't think it will help you. Yet I will attach the SL file to help you in trying out in it. :-)

So basically in DD1 image, the learner re-arranges the texts in each box and clicks OK.

If the arrangement is wrong a pop-up appears stating some info and asks the learner to click the Correct Answer button. On clicking Correct Answer, the text boxes rearrange correctly.

On clicking My Answer, the text boxes go back to the position I initially arranged.

Thanks

Sajna

Allison LaMotte

Hi Anand,

I had a look at your file and it helped me better understand what you're trying to do here. I think that building out the correct answer on a separate layer is the best option, that way when you click on the "correct answer" button it brings them to that layer, and when they click on the "my answer" button it can just close that layer and show their answers. 

I hope that makes sense!

Anand Morab

Hi Allison,

I worked on it and am attaching the SL file. 

Allison, is it possible to make the motion path appear even for my answer. I have attached my SL file that shows my created slide and a  video slide that has captured how this interactivity works in the original course. I wonder which tool they have used to build this.

Thanks

Sajna

Allison LaMotte

Hi Arnand,

While it may be possible to make the motion paths appear for your answer, it would require a lot more work. You'd likely have to create a state or a variable for each choice so the course "remembers" where the learner placed it. Then you'd need to create multiple motion paths to move the answers to the correct spot. I've never created anything quite like this, so you'd need to experiment. Though the effect looks slick, I'm not sure it's worth the extra work! 

Sorry I can't be of more help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.