Easiest way to make a 100-question, SCORM-compatible exam?

May 16, 2013

Hello,

My company is looking for advice on the easiest and fastest way to convert a multiple choice exam of 100 questions (in a Microsoft Word document) to a SCORM-compatible format.  We want our learners to have all of the questions visible on one page so that they can scroll through them easily.  Articulate only allows you to put one graded question per slide so this will not work for us.  The best format would look like a normal webpage with all the exam questions listed one after the other.  This is our current format, but we now need to make it compatible with SCORM.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Melanie

6 Replies
Tim Slade

Hi Melanie,

Interesting question! I don't know if this is something you'd be able to do with an Articulate Product, never thought of that concept before. Is there any particular reason that you/your organization is opposed to having the exam with one question per slide (traditional Articulate Quiz Style)?

That might help generate some different ideas.

Melanie M

Hi Tim,

We have tried building our larger exams in Articulate Quizmaker, but the process of clicking through each slide for 100-question exams is too slow.  These larger exams are broken up into chapters, with 5-15 questions per chapter.  Our learners generally like to study one chapter at a time, answer the questions for that chapter, and come back to continue with the next chapter at a later date.  In the Quizmaker format, this is too confusing and time consuming, especially if they have taken the exam offline and are just trying to input their answers to be graded.

I think our best option is to build our own program.  I just wanted to see if there was a simple solution already out there for us.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.