FREEBIE: Timeline Interaction in Articulate Storyline 2
Timeline interactions in e-learning are a great way to show the history of a certain topic or to show a process from start to finish. Here’s a super quick way to build a timeline interaction in Articulate Storyline in 5 minutes.
- Set your Story size to 16:9
- Add a rectangular shape to the left side of your slide keeping a content area of approx.. 4:3 ratio
- Add your content placeholders to the content area
- Add a line shape to your timeline area
- Add a circle shape to your timeline area and position it on the line shape
- Add states to your timeline as required (e.g. hover, down, visited)
- Copy the circle shape as many times as you need items on your timeline
- Align the shapes by selecting them all and selecting Align vertically from the alignment menu
- Create a layer for each timeline item and add your content
- Add a trigger to each timeline item that opens its corresponding layer.
You can download the interaction .story file down below.