HELP

Sep 29, 2014

I am brand new when it comes to learning about anything eLearning or LMS involved. I need to know about scorms and how they format from one program to another. If I make a storyline example and want to transfer it to say LearnUpon how could I do that?

5 Replies
Tim Danner

I'm not familiar with Storyline, but I assume the publishing process is the same as Articulate Presenter.

If so, then you'll want to publish for LMS, which is one of the publishing options you can select when you're starting the process. Within that option are settings that you'll want to configure based on what your LMS supports. For example, our LMS provider told us to publish in SCORM 2.1, so I make sure I set to that version of SCORM. You'll also want to set according to whatever tracking/reporting you want the LMS to do for your content. For example, we have short courses that we track the progress by whether the user passes a quiz at the end. So I make sure to set my content track/report based on pass/fail of that quiz.

Naturally, there are other settings you'll want to consider, like if you're publishing for mobile devices and, if you are, will you want users to use the Articulate mobile player in those instances.

After the content is published, make sure you zip the published material using Articulate's zip option at the end of the process to zip everything. Again, I'm assuming the setup of your LMS requires you to upload the published material as a zipped SCORM package. If you haven't done so, you might want to check with your LMS provider to see what they require for running SCORM-generated content.

Shawn Stiles

One of the the often overlooked aspect of publishing for both SCORM and AICC is that each LMS has different completion values/variables that they are looking for from the course.  You will need to know what the values are for the particular LMS you are going to use and publish using those values.

In the Reporting and Tracking screen for both Storyline and Publisher you will find a field called LMS reporting. Use the drop down to select from the following options:

• Passed/Incomplete
  • Passed/Failed
  • Completed/Incomplete
  • Completed/Failed

If the correct set of values is not selected your course will not properly communicate with the LMS. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.