HELP!!!

Oct 27, 2017

Hello,

I have a side that has various buttons that take the learner to other slides to learn about each item. The learner needs to get to each slide associated with each button, and once they try and return after ALL buttons have been visited and all slides have been read, it needs to go to a conclusion slide congratulating them on learning all of the material. How do I do this? I tried to make a trigger that states that the conclusion slide will come up once they are all visited, but when they click the last button, it takes them directly to the conclusion slide rather than to the slide associated with the button (even though there is a trigger that should send them to the slide associated with the button). 

10 Replies
Health Quality Council of Alberta

Sure. Have attached now. The issue is that there are 3 main sections: partners, services, and resources, all of which have various sub-sections. I want the learner to click on the button to get to the subsections, but I also want the final slide of each section (the "done" slide) to show once they have done all of the sub-section slides.

I have been to this discussion:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/how-to-setup-a-slide-to-show-if-all-other-slides-have-been-viewed

and built some triggers and variables, (in partners only to start) but it's not yet working. I am using separate slides rather than layers for the "done" piece so that they show up in the menu of the final product. 

Any help you can offer would be great! 

Thanks! :)

Wendy Farmer

Hi Rhonda

Trigger order is very important - triggers are executed in the order they appear...so on first look - its trigger order. You are jump to a slide which stops the execution of any triggers following that so the 'set variable e.g. edvar to true' isn't happening. Re-order the triggers on all the slides that have the variables 

and on 1.19 I'd change the following to when timeline starts . By doing the above all your variables will be true and when they bounce back to this slide and all are true it should go to the Partners Done slide.

Hope that helps or get's you started to troubleshooting it.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.