HELP with Adobe Captivate

Oct 13, 2014

Does anyone know how to work with buttons on Captivate? It seems my buttons are active regardless of where I have the pause.

I'm using my own navigation Back and Next buttons and have a video in each module. I want to disable the next button until the video is complete.

How would I do this? I appreciate any help! This is the best community to learn from.

10 Replies
Jerson  Campos

Do you need to enable the pause on the buttons?  The intent of the pause feature for buttons in Captivate is if you want to stop the slide from playing until a user clicks on something or an action is taken. I don't think the back button needs a pause.

On your previous question, one thing I did in Captivate was create two versions of the Next buttons. One had a disabled look and didn't do anything. It was just there. When I wanted to allow the user to be able to click next, I inserted the second version of the next button (a little more color) and placed it on top of the other button. So the user sees it suddenly become enabled. This way you don't have to use the clumsy actions in Captivate.

Nancy Matheny

Hi Katie,

Jerson is right about the pause - you don't need to have a pause on the buttons for this situation (so you can uncheck the Pause After checkbox in the Timing section of the Properties panel).

• Make sure the Back button is in the same location as the video on the timeline.
  • For the Back button's properties, set the On Success action to "Go to the previous slide" (in the Action section)
  • Set the Display For "Rest of Slide" (in the Timing section)

That should accomplish what you are after.

Nancy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.