Help with Interactions

Jul 23, 2019

Greetings,

I am creating a course explaining our business.  In all the slides, I have bolded words which open to a layer with the definition.  I need to "force" employees to click on each bolded interaction before he/she can proceed to the next slide.  Some of the slides have three or four bolded words.  Can someone please help me with instructions on how to hide the "next arrow" until a student views all the bolded letters in a slide?  I greatly appreciate any help because I am stuck.

3 Replies
OWEN HOLT

One way would be to add a transparent shape over each word. Be sure each shape has a "normal" state and a "selected" state (even if the 2 states are identical).

You don't need to hide the next button, you can just change how it functions. On your next button, modify the trigger to add the condition "if shape1state == selected AND shape2 state == selected AND shape3 state == selected AND shape4 state == selected.
You can also add a "hint" layer to appear if the user selects the next button prior to clicking everything. On the layer, remind them they need to click each. To display the hint, add another trigger to show layer Hint when user clicks next with the condition that shape1 state == Normal OR shape 2 state == normal OR shape3 state == normal OR shape4 state == normal.

In short, if all shapes show as clicked, the button advances. If, on the other hand ANY shape hasn't been clicked, the button displays a hint/reminder that they should finish.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.