HeroLand- an adventure built within Storyline (and only storyline)

Nov 03, 2016

Hi all, 

It's been an amazing year and with the latest developments from Articulate it's going to be another great one, however I wanted to show you all what can actually be done with Storyline 2 just by itself.  This is more of an experiment, but to be honest would (still might) be my entry if there is a Guru challenge this year.  But as things might be changing soon, I thought I'd give one last shoutout to one of the best design tools out there.

So here's the link - enjoy!

Sincerely, Rick

Old Website http://www.richardleehill.com/heroland/

Walk-through video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGqSkHkrB7o

***Although Flash has been decommissioned YOU CAN STILL PLAY Heroland 

with the  Storyline CD executable (Windows): attached to this post! 

186 Replies
Pam Robinson

Hey Nancy,  you may not have noticed but at the completion of each section a code is given for that level.  That way, if you don't finish your journey or you want to return to that level, just type in the code on the main page and be transported.  Type Key in the code field on the main page to see what I mean.  He did it all.  So many things to explore.

Eric Bybee

Wow Rick, just wow!  I know it's been said here many times, but this is easily one of the most impressive items I have seen created with SL.  I went through the piece several times, to enjoy and savor the many intricate things you designed into this work.  I can only imagine how much time this took you to build.  Well done good sir.

Chris Wirick

Wow, unbelievable! I ran into a major glitch near the tiki statue where I was able to go off the map into the white abyss and then up into the sky where I could not come back down (and the character display got a bit wonky, see image below) so I didn't finish the story, but really an amazing demo nonetheless.

Richard Hill

Hey Chris! UR IN GOD MODE!!!!  ha.  Actually, it's something I've noticed when the connection stalls( or my site is busy), or if there are too many tabs open. You might have to  kill your browser cache and reload it. From my experience, "GOD MODE" is pretty boring.  my apologies.  : (

Pssst. But there is A LOT more to see!  You're not even at 25%