How did you learn Storyline? What were your pain points?
I'm going to be training on Storyline soon, and I wanted to put together something that would get learners started quickly but effectively.
If you're currently learning Storyline, I'd love to hear your answers too!
So I had a few questions :) answer as many or as little as you want:
- How did you learn Storyline? (I know a lot of our answers will be "I just started working in it!" but did you have a specific project you needed to build and/or were there people around you who could help?)
- Besides any initial "getting started!" tutorials, which tutorials were the first ones that you specifically looked up?
- What were some of your initial pain points? and/or what did you want to be able to do quickly and didn't know how to?
- What were some of your aha! moments? (For example, one of mine was button sets weirdly)
- What did your first project look like?
- How much did you use Storyline until you felt comfortable enough with it to put it down on your resume with confidence?
BONUS ROUND! Follow up questions:
What do you wish you knew sooner? This doesn't necessarily need to be a "pain point" - just something where you were like, "oh! I can do that in Storyline?" or similar. For example, mine was probably cue points :)
What resources have you used to become "advanced" in Storyline? Or perhaps, how advanced are you trying to go?
What came first: Instructional Design or Development? Were you an instructional designer that wanted to start developing, or were you a developer first? I started with Storyline myself, and learned instructional design along the way.