Insurance? Canadians?!


I'm looking for some advice around insurance for the self-employed eLearning consultant in Canada. Some bigger clients are asking that I carry Commercial General Liability insurance (and that I extend my coverage to include them for the duration of a contract). My home insurer demands this too, since they won't insure a home where a business is also run, unless we have CGL. In addition, some clients are demanding that we carry Errors and Omissions coverage. 

Is there anyone out there from Canada who has found a good broker for both of these types of insurance, one that's suited to the low-risk activities of a developer? Most of the quotes I am seeing are for construction workers/labourers, and are $$$.


1 Reply