Jumping to different scenes from a menu page.

Jul 03, 2017

Hi All

I am new to storyline and I am attempting a compliance module which has five sections. I am trying to start with a menu page which has a square for each of the five sections which when clicked will take you to the content for that section and then once that is completed you come back to the menu page.

I have tried to highlight the square and set the trigger of 'jump to assigned slide, when user clicks that square'. I then attempted this for all five squares but only one of the squares will jump to the right section. I then changed this and added five scenes and had the trigger jump to assigned scene, but again only one of them will work but the others are not connecting.

Any ideas?

I appreciate any help with this.

Allison

6 Replies
Derek Hoey

Hi Allison,

First thing to check is the trigger setting for each button on your menu page.

Sometimes it is easy to forget to highlight the button you want to become a trigger, before creating that trigger.

You will need to check each of your 5 triggers on this page one at a time.

So highlight the first trigger and click edit trigger. Then check the 'when' and 'object fields' on your trigger settings.

Click on the drop-down for the object field and roll over each item and you will see them highlight on the menu page.

This is a quick way to ensure you are applying the trigger to the correct object/button.

Repeat this for each trigger.

Hope this helps :)

Derek.

Derek Hoey

Hi Allison,

Shapes or buttons shouldn't matter, but overall this sounds a little unusual.

Even if you inadvertently had the first button (with trigger created) selected along with the second button (to create a trigger), it still shouldn't change the trigger on your first button... if that makes sense.

As Chris said below, upload the file or even just screen shots of menu page, trigger settings window and scene overview and we might find the answer.

Derek.

Allison Williams

Hi Derek

I have managed to resolve the issue,  as suspected it was human error, haha.

Instead of adding a new trigger for each of the squares, i was changing the existing trigger when i clicked onto the second square and so on.. It wasn't until someone sent me a file with the actions i needed that i noticed the difference.

Thank you very much for all your responses and help trying to solve it, much appreciated.

Allison

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.