LMS

Dec 05, 2016

Hello there

I have created a course that consists of 8 questions each with 3 types of answers Safe, Moderate or Dangerous.

The course works perfectly until I open the LMS in SCORM Cloud where the results on Scorm are different from the ones in my course.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem

14 Replies
John Coetzer

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have discovered that my problem lies in storyline as I cannot get correct percentages in my results slide thus my lms when opened in SCORM and completed does not show the users score, it just states "unknown".

this is where I am stuck because there are 9 different courses and the users need to receive their combined results as a percentage

Tammy Wise

I'm just throwing out some things for you to check as I have not had this exact issue:

• Make sure your question slides are set to report to the correct results slide
  • When publishing, make sure the LMS Reporting is set to Passed/Failed
  • When publishing, make sure the Track using quiz results button is selected on the Tracking tab

I'm sorry I cannot be more help!

Bob S

Hi John,

Tammy's advice for how to correctly combine courses seems 100% spot on.  And if you continue down that path I would trust her directions. 

That being said...Tracking and aggregating scores from multiple modules and record by participant  is part and parcel to LMS functionality.  In other words, it's one of the main reasons to even have an LMS.

I might suggest an additional avenue to explore and that is looking at how your LMS can bundle/aggregate your content differently.  Some do it by calling sub-courses "modules" or "lessons" and you can set passing requirements for some/all of them.   Others allow you to combine full "courses" into curricula or job profile requirements; again with passing criteria and/or aggregated scores.  And don't forget, sometimes it means moving one or more of the quizzes outboard into a separate shell as part of the larger bundle.

The point is even though you are thinking of your courses(s) as a stand alone thing, most LMSs have a way to bundle them into something more...... even if it means thinking of them differently.

NOTE:  The other advantage to this way of thinking (vs one super-sized 9 course course), is that it allows you to update and maintain the pieces properly without having to touch the full thing every time.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Bob

John Coetzer

Sorry, I think I have been using the wrong terminology.

I have 9 modules, in the 2nd module I have one multiple answer quiz. I have checked all the aspects that Tammy advised. I think the problem is in how I have created my course in storyline because I cannot get an exact percentage in my result slide and therefor it will not show up correctly in SCORM. My classes will only show the pass percent and not the exact percent achieved

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.