LMS recommendations

Jan 26, 2017

Hi there. I am currently scouting the market for a Scorm compliant LMS. I'll be using it for both eLearning and (predominantly) classroom training / web based ILT.

I have found a couple of candidates that meet my requirements on the feature side, but they don't exactly live up to my standards when it comes to GUI design.

I really like the sleek and modern design of the eLearning modules generated in 360, but they don't come into their own when I wrap them in a poorly designed LMS.

The LMS is the most visible part of the learning experience, and as I am offering courses externally for my customers, I really would like something that lives up to my company's (quite high) customer experience requirements.

Any recommendations of well designed LMS's that support Scorm AND classroom training planning?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Dave Cox

Hi Jonas,

There are of course, many different options, and determining the LMS that best suits your purpose is a research project of its own.

Moodle is a good LMS that is highly customizable. It is also open source, which means you will need to spend some time setting it up, and customizing it. On the other hand, if it doesn't do something you want, it can be modified to fit your requirements. It is has very good community support.

Kate Salvan

Hello Jonas, I am sure you will get many recommendations here. There are many Learning Management Systems that are SCORM compliant and are suitable for classroom training. But if you are looking for an LMS to satisfy your company’s high customer experience requirements a customizable Learning Management System can be an option. Thus, you will make sure that the LMS suits your needs fully. High customization opportunities are the main benefits of in-house (on-premise) LMS solutions and Open-Source Ones. They are widely used for unique idea realization (in most cases such ideas are more likely to pay off than standardized ones).

Give JoomlaLMS a try. JoomlaLMS is a good-suited solution for blended learning (eLearning plus classroom training) as you can check attendance and set grades both for online and offline activities, create local groups inside the courses to assign tasks to them, set the maximum course attendants number, add learners to waiting lists, there is Gradebook and attendance tracking. All the reports can be exported. It is SCORM compliant. It also allows adding a bar code, a watermark and a serial number on the certificates so you can be insured that the certificate will not be falsified.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.