LMS with e-commerce?

Jun 03, 2016

My company will be be selling our software eLearning courses directly to our customers. So, I am interested in an LMS that supports e-commerce. At this point, I have narrowed down my list to TalentLMS, Docebo, Litmos, and Absorb. Would be interested in any opinions or experience with these. Thanks!

6 Replies
Lynée Beck

I support Talent for one of my clients and like it. The eCommerce functionality is simple to use yet robust. It also integrates with PayPal and Stripe. Storyline files run well within the system, it allows for completion rules and there are different ways to group clients so that they only see what you want them to see. 

Litmos would be my runner up :)

Kathryn Raybould

Hi, iSpring has been developing an LMS over the last year which is geared to online course sales - it has just been added to its main product offering and is called iSpring Market. It looks very promising. It is primarily an LMS  (not a hybrid marketing/course selling/website building platform like Thinkific/Teachable/Kajabi). It supports SCORM content, and is very affordable, starting at $37 a month for 500 users. Downsides are that it is not fully white label at the moment and your ability to customise the appearance is very limited. You cannot customise the menus at all, and they do not support integrations with other software. However, it is early days! This is the only product I have found on the market which is a) a proper LMS that support SCORM content b) is geared to online course sales and c) is affordable for small businesses. I would love to hear if anyone has found any other platforms that meet these criteria!

C S

Hi Kathryn,

I would like to recommend WordPress as a platform for your LMS. It will give you complete control over your LMS and you can white label it or do anything you want.

How to proceed?

1. Get a Domain and Hosting, setup WordPress.
  2. Install any LMS plugin like LearnDash LMS, WP Courseware, LearnPress, or LifterLMS.
  3. To easily upload and play SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 All Edition Content install the GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin.
  4. To add xAPI Support and Advanced Reporting, connect with any LRS or GrassBlade Cloud LRS for better integration with LMS plugins.

What do you get?

1. There is NO USER LIMIT. 
  2. Full Control and White Label.
  3. You own the data
  4. Get xAPI and SCORM Standard support with Advanced Reporting
  5. Helps in Compliance Training
  6. Advanced Video Content Tracking and Reporting and much more.
  7. Sell Courses Individually or create memberships.

It's been a while since I'm using this setup and I'm sure you will love it.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.