Looking for contractor/freelancer
Jan 29, 2019
I am looking to hire a freelancer/contractor to build out/author 18-20 courses for us, your company will need to located anywhere in Canada.
These courses are safety based courses that employers use to train their employees to get them home safe and the end of the day. While the content is not always fun, we need to make it engaging and exciting.
I would love to see some samples of your work as well. I am open to hourly work or a fixed price contract.
Where we are now
- Currently we have 18 courses that range anywhere from 1 hr to 4 hrs in length
- We have two more courses created that have never been published
- The LMS is a home grown solution that is based on flash that we are replacing (see improvments section)
- I would describe the course format similar to powerpoint
- You read/listen to text and then click on next, until you hit the exam
- There are some interactive slides with
- True/False questions
- Drag and drop
- Mutiple choice
- Each course has a 50 question exam at the end
- The 50 questions are pulled from a bank of 60-200 questions for that specific exam
- After the exam, employees need to confirm it was them that took the course/exam and confirm they understand the content
We can give you access to a course to see what they are like.
What the future looks like
- We would like to be able to edit/update courses in articulate
- We want to log learning actions with xAPI into our own learning locker instance
- We need help thinking of what all the actions are that make sense to log
- Several of the courses will need to have “learning paths” with them
- Many of the courses will have a general one that applies to all provinces in Canada and then an add on module for each province (content TBD)
- As an example, there would be a course A for all of Canada, and then if you live in Manitoba, you take sub module A1, if you live in Alberta then you take submodule A2 etc
- We want to update the format of the course as there are new and more effective ways of learning online (as I guessing training has evolved)
- What do you recommend?
- We will be hosting our content in moodle https://moodle.org/
- Actually it will be in Iomad which is a multi-tenant version of moodle https://iomad.org
- We are considering to also have standalone exams so that users can prove competency without having to take the course.
Please reach out if you are interested.