Media from Slide 4 plays when I move to Slide 2 in SL360

Jun 29, 2018

I have a SL360 course which is 22 slides long. When I move from the 1st slide (Welcome slide) to Slide 2, the audio from one of the videos on slide 4 starts to play.

Slide 4 is the 'Media' slide from the Content Library 'Serenity' template. It has 2 videos on 2 different layers that are triggered to play when the 'play' icon is clicked. I didn't change the triggers of the slide template.

I have 2 other slides in the course (slide 9 and 12) which also contain videos, but they are single videos on the base layer.

If I remove slide 4 from the scene, the issue resolves.

Slide 2 is just a text slide (base layer only) with only 2 triggers for 'Next' and 'Previous' slides.

When I move to slide 4 the audio stops!!!  And the slide behaves as expected i.e. When I click 'grouped text 1', Layer 1 shows. Click the play button on that layer and media 1 plays.

When I click 'grouped text 2', Layer 2 shows. Click the play button on that layer and media 2 plays.

I rebuilt the slide from scratch thinking there was something hidden that I wasn't seeing, but the same problem occurs.

I also deleted my slide, inserted the media template again, and changed the video to another video from the content library and the problem did NOT occur.  So now I am really confused.

I'm happy to send anyone the story file to look at to assist troubleshooting.

Cheers

Kimberley

2 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.