Moving content...

Sep 01, 2021

I have created a lesson that has a lot of content.  I was thinking that for the purpose of updating this content it may have been easier to have a Section created and then add lessons that are specific to each content item.  We are using Rise360 for a policy manual update.

For example, there is a long list of content for the Operations policy lessons.  I'd like to change that long list to individual lessons.  Is that possible?

In my screen shot attached, the Operations Policy lesson is several dozen policies long.  The Occupational Health and Safety Section is divided into lessons- one for each policy.  Is there a way to move the content from the Operations policy into its own lesson and structure it like I did with the OHS policy? (Other than redoing all the lessons).

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hi Kenn and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! 🙂 Great question! Would duplicating lessons work for you? By duplicating lessons, you can retitle the new lesson and delete any content that's not needed.

Another option is to create block templates. You can save existing blocks and their content as a reusable template to insert into other lessons. 

Kenn Eglauer

Hi Sarah. 

Thanks for that suggestion.  I do love Articulate and I have noticed several threads where the user has an idea and Articulate makes it happen...of course likely only if lots of people would benefit from it.  I understand that.

Creating the block template seems to work OK.  It does save be jumping back and forth multiple times.  Is there are way to move content in a similar way as to creating a block template?  I can select blocks in one place and move them to the next. Just like moving files on my PC, I can select multiple files and then drag them over to a new folder and drop them there.  Does Articulate have that capability.

Thanks again.  I had not used block templates before.  Interesting idea!

Sarah Hodge

Hi Kenn. As of right now, dragging and dropping blocks into another lesson is not a feature. That would make a great feature request. If you do decide to use the block templates feature, I'd suggest saving each template as the name of the new lesson you plan to add. That way, when you go to create the new lessons, you can easily navigate to the template and insert it right in.