Need Assistance Updating the Variables for the Storyline 360: Combination Lock Quiz

Jan 31, 2019

Hello,

I am running into the same issue as another designer. Once the initial code has been cracked, I'd link to link to another code. I have duplicated the existing slides and have added a trigger to the continue button to go to the new module. Also, I was able to change the code variables for the combo. However, when it jumps to the new set of slides the existing code appears. Please can you tell me how I can make this code non visible again? Many thanks 

4 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Felicia,

I had a look at your file and it looks like you're not referencing the variables associated with the corresponding dials in Scenes 2 and 3. 

Here's a screenshot of the 3rd dial in Scene 2. When you click on it, you can see in the upper right-hand corner that it's connected to the variable called Dial7, but you've written Dial6 in the 3rd slot on the slide. 

I went ahead and updated those for you in Scene 2, but you'll need to do the same thing on all 3 layers of Slide 3.2. Simply click on the dial and look in the format tab to see which variable it's connected to and then update that on the layers.

I hope that makes sense! I've attached my version of your file. Let me know if you have trouble getting the lock in Scene 3 to work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.