Need ideas to create a 3-Function Button
I know this group cannot resist a challenge and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions! I do not require a working example - I will test. I am a fairly advanced user of Storyline, looking for ideas to simulate a 3-function button for a crane control: Detent-1 (press to hear one click and forward motion one occurs) is , Detetnt-2 (press down farther to hear a second click and forward motion two occurs) , and release (forward motion stops). I was able to achieve success through a combination of three separate buttons with the appropriate triggers and cue points denoting the appearance of each button on the timeline.
I suggested we use one of two methods below and he responded with:
Method one with a possible alteration. Hover first detent, click and hold for 2nd detent, release click to stop.
- Det 1 = User hovers mouse over button
- Det 2 = User clicks button
- Off = User clicks off button anywhere other than the button/ or User clicks button second time
- Det 1 = User clicks button
- Det 2 = User clicks button second time
- Off = User clicks button third time