Part-time E-learning [PAID] Intern (Remote! Flexible hours! Small, fun company!)
Part-time E-learning Paid Intern Position
(Could easily become Full-time after period of review)
15-20 hours a week to start. Hourly. Work from home. Flexible schedule.
We believe in a ROWE - Results Only Work Environment. As long as your work is always high-quality, on-time (or early!), creative and as requested, then we don't care if you work at night, on weekends, in your pajamas, after class, in another timezone, etc. We do ask that you are available by Skype during regular 9-5 CST work hours just for communication purposes but that doesn't mean you have to be at your desk during those hours. Just reachable.
This job is kind of crazy because of all the simultaneous projects coming in and out - both for clients and our own internal development. Lots to balance, can be overwhelming for some. Organization and prioritization are must-have skills!!
This is a small company, we all wear many hats, and work in many "departments". You would be part of our underpaid production team (*wink*), which covers:
- internal content development
- client branded content & custom client work
- marketing and advertising
We are the PR, social media, client relations, and content development departments. Tasks overlap many areas and you must be comfortable switching hats and mindsets.
We have strict, and often fast, deadlines for clients. You must be comfortable working on many things at once and being able to manage your own time and stay organized and disciplined. We all work from remote offices and you won't have someone looming over you reminding you of things constantly.
Two main types of projects you would handle (at least at first):
- Working with our production director to develop new e-learning modules. It would start with just helping finish in-progress modules and updating old ones, but eventually you'll be responsible for creating complete modules from scratch. You're provided templates, script, quiz questions and audio files, and you've got to make them visually entertaining and inline with our style.
- MORE importantly, your primary task would be: taking existing course files and adjusting them for clients - creating player templates for the clients, creating branded intro/outro slides for clients, modifying any content they want customized, and publishing based on the specs they provide. This is called "Branding" and one of the most important processes you'll be involved with as 90% of our clients buy branded products.
“Must-Have” Requirements for this Position:
- Minimum 1 year experience developing e-learning modules.
- Medium-High fluency in Articulate Storyline (At least version 1, but preferably version 2)
- Understanding of and experience working with publishing content for different LMSs
- Insane attention to detail
- Ability to work fast, on deadline and reliably: no exceptions
- Strong competency in Photoshop (or similar photo editing software)
- Fluency in Powerpoint for occasional help with basic presentations
- Strong eye for design and ability to adapt to our style
- Ability to self-edit and self-teach
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills - like Sherlock Holmes level
- Understanding of office and productivity software
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple on-going projects and self-manage in order to stay on task
- Ability to realistically estimate number of hours to complete task and then do so
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and take direction/criticism without personal offense
- Has home office/workstation with (at minimum) Photoshop & high-speed internet
- Willingness to occasionally attend conferences/seminars such as BarCamp, PodCamp, TEDx, etc. as well as industry-specific conferences.
Would be nice if you also had but not necessary to get the job:
- Graphic design or video editing background.
- Excellent written communication skills with strong copy-editing skills and eagle eye for grammar and consistency
- Self-starter, highly motivated, takes initiative, unafraid to bring ideas to the table
- Video editing experience (Software doesn’t matter. Medium skill level is fine.) and basic understanding of video formats
- Past experience with Articulate Studio
- Comfortable in both Mac and PC world
In an ideal world with all the planets aligned, you would also have:
- Medium-High competency in InDesign, Premiere and Photoshop as well as Articulate Storyline
- Full of ideas to help take our content to the next level
- Experience publishing content for mobile environments
- Strong writing & research skills that could lead to content writing and creation
- Be able to visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, interactions and the finished product.
- Basic understanding of audio editing and role in e-learning
- Basic HTML skills
- Understanding of and/or experience with gamification in e-learning modules
- Experience in and knowledge of the information security industry
- Experience with dealing with translations and multiple languages
- Experience building your own highly interactive e-learning modules through Storyline
- Experience creating content for ADA compliance standards
- Based in/around Nashville for ability to join occasional in-person meetings and local conferences.
- Strong desire to grow with a company and become an irreplaceable member of our team.
Cool things about working for us:
- Potential to earn bonuses for projects. Very *LOW* salary… but since we are ROWE, bonuses are part of the deal! We reward creativity, hard-work and major contributions to our growing inventory.
- We love creative people and want to hear your ideas!
- You decide your schedule and get to work from home. Need to pick the kids up from school? Need to take a few days off? Just let us know in advance. No problem!
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences.
- Want to take tutorials, seminars or classes related to your job? We'll cover it.
- The work is fast-paced and always changing, so you're never bored.
- This industry is blowing up and would look great on your future resume.
- Our company is growing in reputation so you'll get to be part of this exciting phase and could end up being a key-player on our highly talented and awesome production team.
You can learn more about us at www.TheSecurityAwarenessCompany.com
Email us at email@example.com
Send us a resume, a link to an e-learning portfolio or examples of your e-learning work, and a short message about why you think you'd be an asset to our team. If we think you may be a good match for our quirky staff, we'll send you some follow-up interview questions via email. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please assume we have decided to go in another direction. Thank you for your time!