Pause audio

Jan 11, 2017

I have audio files on each slide.  Is there a way I can provide the user with an option to pause/restart the audio on each slide?

Thanks

23 Replies
Indrani Sen

Thanks, Allison.  I am trying it out now.  I was thinking of a variable, and setting it to true, and when users click on any button to branch to any other sections, it changes to 'False'.  However please could you help with the 'If Else' statement? thanks.  But let me try this time with 'resume its saved state'.

Thanks

Allison Goldthorpe

Hi Indrani,

In that case, I think the best bet would be to do a true/false variable to keep track of if they've visited the slide. When setting up the variable, set the initial value to False. Then create this trigger:

And then this one to stop the audio on return:

Make sure you have the navigation and assignment triggers in this order:

In those examples I made a button called Next. I tried it with the built in Next button and it didn't change the variable value- that might be a bug in Storyline 360. Hope that helps!

Indrani Sen

Here is the File.  From the main menu, please click  on the green button (Prevent Injury) to go to 'Preventative Injuries'.  This is the scene, I am having problems.  Even if I go to each sub-section of this  'Prevent Workplace Injuries'  for example to 'Emergency Exit' 'Safety Language' etc....' when I come back to 'Prevent Workplace Injuries' page, the main audio still plays.  I was able to 'pause' it in main module page.  Why can I not do it here? Thanks

Indrani Sen

Thank you for taking the time to review, Wendy. You are right, the Intro-Audio does not play. And this is what I wanted. Sorry for not explaining well. I want the 'Audio-green' to stop as well, when user clicks to any of the six buttons and comes back after clicking on each lightbox sub-menu.

Best

Thanks

Indrani Sen

Indrani Sen

Thank you for taking the time to review, Wendy.  You are right,  the Intro-Audio does not play. And this is what I wanted.  Sorry for not explaining well.  I want the ‘Audio-green’ to stop as well, when user clicks to any of the six buttons and comes back after clicking on each lightbox sub-menu.

Thank you again.

Indrani

Wendy Farmer

Hi Indrani

see attached updates to your file.

When you use layers or lightbox slides the 'timeline' of the base slide never restarts.

I changed the trigger to stop the audio from 'when timeline starts' to 'when variable changes' and I changed the revisit slide option to 'resume saved state'

Hope this helps

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.