Please help - I've been defeated...

Hi all,

I need some help please...

I've inherited a project with some really nice transitions in them (I can say that because I didn't build them!) but they rely on what looks like quite a complex series of triggers and variables to enable the next button once the transitions are complete. The file consistently works in preview mode and on Chrome for me BUT behaves inconsistently for delegates with many getting stuck at the end of slide 2.1 because the next button doesn't enable. Could someone please take a look and explain to me what's going wrong. The whole file is massive so I've just uploaded the offending scene. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Nancy Woinoski

Ok so I took a look at your file and the offending slide did not work for me at all in preview or when viewing on Chrome, but it did work when I viewed it in Internet Explorer.

I looked at the variables on the slide and they are being set properly but it appears that they are not communicating with the trigger on the master slide that changes the next button from disabled to normal in some instances. I am not sure there is a way to fix this.

If I were you I would copy the next button directly to the layer and add a trigger to change the state of the button to normal when NextEnabled = true and add another trigger to jump to the next slide when the user clicks the button.

Without seeing the entire course, it is difficult for me to guess why the designer set up the navigation in this way but my initial impression is that it is needlessly complicated for what you are trying to do.