PowerPoint

Jul 09, 2014

Although we update our training material often, we reuse the PowerPoint year after year. This has caused many of our PowerPoint courses to become corrupt (from several versions of PowerPoint being used over the years). We are in the process of recreating all of our training and would like to reuse a lot of the text. If we copy the text from the corrupt file could it cause our new PowerPoint course to become corrupt? Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Replies
Leah Hemeon

Hi Angela,

I don't have a definitive answer on this but I've always erred on the side of caution when copying from one file to another (especially if one of them is actually or potentially corrupt).

What I'll often do, rather than retyping everything, is copy the text, paste it into Notepad (strips out formatting) and then recopy from Notepad and then paste into the final, new file.

It's an extra step but has worked for me over the years in both Word and PowerPoint.

You could also use the "Paste as plain text" option in PowerPoint but I personally haven't trusted that

Good luck! I know how much it stinks when you realize your files are corrupt.

Leah

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.