Powerpoint Hyperlinks

Nov 09, 2017

Hi just wondering if anyone can help as microsoft have no idea! Im trying to set up hyperlinks in a powerpoint presentation that are portable.

I understand that this process is typically specific to the computer that the hyperlink has been set up on.

What I have tried so far is to create a folder that houses the hyperlinked files and the powerpoint presentation file. I then zip filed this folder and emailed it out. When the recipient received the file the hyperlinks within PowerPoint didn't work.

I have also set the files up into amazon S3 using CloudBerry and created a URL link which was then hyperlinked within PowerPoint. The URL links work if I place them directly within a browser to test, however they don't work when in the Powerpoint presentation.

Any help would be much appreciated

Peter

3 Replies
Peter Tranter

Brian, got it working using the 2nd method but needed to set the hyperlinks in powerpoint by right clicking the mouse on the linking text and following the steps from there. Doing it from the main menu would not work for some reason.

Interestingly I can now set the hyperlink from the main powerpoint menu.

Thanks for taking the time for me Brian, much appreciated

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.