problem zipping file

Hello everybody,

After I publish my courses I always proceed to zip them because it is the way I upload them to our LMS.  I have been doing this for more than 2 years now and for the first time, instead of a .zip file I got a 'nothing/no extension' file with a weird alphanumeric name like 'zia01436'.  I repeated the process thinking I might do something wrong but, again saved it as a similar alphanumeric file with the same begining ..zia... but different number.

Does anybody has experience this problem before? if yes, did you find a solution?

10 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Millie,

Have you tried publishing to a location with a very short path, such as your desktop? If the full directory path of the publish location is more than 256 characters long (including the name of the zip file itself), this can cause problems with the zip file creation.

Another common culprit is if you are working on a network drive or publishing to a network drive. If you're working or publishing to a network, try moving your content to your local hard drive and publishing to a location on your hard drive. 

If those suggestions don't work, you might try rebooting your computer and see if that clears it up. If not, this older thread contains some additional things that you might try. If you continue to have trouble though, feel free to submit your project to the Support team so that we can better help you troubleshoot.

Millie Marchetti

Jeanette Brooks, nothing I have tried resolved this problem.  Ultimately, I uninstalled and reinstalled Articulate following the instructions from the old thread and nothing! I have sent my package.  After package finished uploading, I received a confirmation that said: successfully uploaded but I wonder if my zipped package was received.  I have not received any confirmation nor e-mail.  

Phil Mayor

Hi Millie can you manually zip, I know you say manual zip won't work, but there is no difference between manually zipping and the zip file articulate produce.  You must remember to zip the contents of the folder and not the folder itself.  I would try manually zipping it to the same path and see if that works.  The only times I have had this happen are when the path length was too long, when I zipped to a network drive and when we used a windows XP machine that we had to install winzip on it for it to work.