Progress bar

Jan 09, 2015

Hey everyone,

I am trying to create a progress bar that grows from the left to the right throughout my SL project. The only way I could figure how to do this is with a motion path animation but then it has to come from off the screen. Has anyone tried to do this before or have any ideas?

I have an empty rectangle in the middle of my slide and was planning on filling it up with another rectangle on top of it.

Thanks,

Mike

13 Replies
Steve Flowers

Hey Mike - 

Here's an ugly as hell example of what I was talking about with the thumb. To make this one work from your master slide, you'd add a trigger to each slide (or whenever you want to advance) to set the slider variable to the value you want to represent (halfway through in this example would be 15).

Mike Ganci

That's actually pretty cool and I will use this in the future. Since we have full screen view and try modes in the SL I don't want to over lay a progress bar. So I think I am going to add a menu item to lightbox a slide with the progress bar where it will change states based on which slide they have reached, changing the variable.

Veronica Budnikas

Hi Mike, this is probably a bit late, but I created a sample that has a progress bar that grows as the user answers questions. 

It's not quite as what you describe, but this is based on a project I did (which I cannot share) where I had a bar at the top filled with small squares the same colour as the background (one square per question/slide) and each square would change to blue when the question was answered using states and variables, and it looked like the bar was filling in  (the squares were overlapping slightly to make sure there were no gaps)

I'll attach my sample here in case you or anyone finds it useful.

And here is a live demo.

Cheers, Veronica

PS: The fonts I used were Teen Light (http://www.fonts2u.com/teen-light.font) and KG True Colors (http://www.fontspace.com/kimberly-geswein/kg-true-colors

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.