Question count variable

Apr 30, 2018

I have created a variable that counts the questions as a user moves through the quiz. The problem is that if a user decides to go back one and then forward again, OR if they revisit the page, it continues to count.

I need some help to set up the logic that will prevent counting if a page is revisited. I am assuming i will need at least one more variable, and another trigger.

2 Replies
Donna Westwood

You could add a subtract from variable trigger to the previous button? or remove the previous button. The issue you have is allowing the user to jump through the quiz from the menu - so remove the quiz from the menu - i would also add an assignment - or reset back to 0 - to the variable when the user clicks the retry button and on slide entry to the quiz title page or start button - hope that helps?

Joseph Chabot

How? Not sure specifically what or where to add this to. Is this adding additional conditions? It's a client request to have the menu. I almost want to have the Question count disappear IF they revisit the page. ...But once again, i am not sure where there is any command code regarding revisits. This seems like a pretty basic ask, and I am surprised there isn't a more cogent solution.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.