Quiz help...

Dec 06, 2021

I have a client that would like a customized quiz (in Storyline360) and there's a couple things I'm struggling with...

1. Is there a way to change the color of the pop-up box that says "correct" or "incorrect"? It's currently a grey color and we want it bright orange. I can create a new box and slide it in behind the text, but is there a better way to do this?

2. When the answer is wrong, they would like the feedback to say "review the slide here and here. so that when you click on the word here, it lighboxes to the slide from the presentation that contains that answer. I see that I can have then lightbox when they click on a text box, but do I need to create new text boxes for each "here"? Or is there a way to do this? 

3. After incorrect answer, we want them to be able to try again on that particular question. Can you tell me if there is a setting that will reset that slide so they can answer again?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Zachary Hunter

Hey Kim!

1. You have full control over the look of the pop-up. Feedback is actually provided via layers and there is some documentation on making changes per slide or via the slide master here: https://community.articulate.com/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-work-with-feedback-layers

2. You have to use a specific object to attach a lightbox trigger. Multiple textboxes could work or you could probably have a work-around by layering a 0% opacity shape over the words that you want to use. For ease of readability, it may be easier to do something like:

Click below to review the following slides:
Slide 1 Title
Slide 2 Title

This provides a more clear indicator for learners and an larger area for you to multiple textboxes, clear shapes, etc.

3. You can set the number of allowed attempts per graded question in the question settings. There is some documentation on where to do that here: https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-set-number-of-attempts-for-graded-questions