Quiz question

Apr 04, 2019

Hello,

I am trying to do something a little different with my test.  I have 10 questions and if you don't receive 100 you have to click on the "retry quiz" button which works for me.  my question is that I  would like them to be able to not move on to the next question until they get it correct and eliminate the retry quiz.  is that possible?

2 Replies
Ulises Musseb

Yes, it's possible. There may be different ways of doing  this, but what I'd do is just changing the number of attempts to the question to unlimited. In the question slide, select Unlimited in the number of attempts:

This setting add a layer that allows the learners to try again, instead of the "Incorrect" layer that allows you to continue:

That said, I'm not sure it's a great learning experience if learners don't know the answer to a question, and they get (a) annoyed by having to try over and over again, or (b) the right answer by trying every possible answer, not because they know or figure out the answer (especially with multiple answer questions).

You can limit the number of tries to a given number (instead of unlimited) and give them opportunity to rethink the answer, but then continue if they just don't know the answer. That's the purpose of the quiz in the first place, to measure what they learned and what they didn't.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.