Quiz Results Tracking in LMS

May 02, 2019

Hi all,

My brain is hurting trying to figure this out so I am hoping someone can help.

I have a module where at the end the users is required to acknowledge a statement. I have built this as a quiz question so that if users click 'I agree' it immediately takes them to the end of the course. If they select 'I disagree' I have built it a response to check if they meant to do this but then it will ultimately accept their response as incorrect and allow them to finish the course.

I would like to be able to track who has clicked I agree vs I disagree as current tests are only showing Passed or Failed. So Question 1 - would i be better off having this acknowledgement as a survey question? and Question 2 - how can I set something up in Articulate so that when I go to the LMS I can see the respondent's answers.

Many thanks! 

1 Reply
Joey Buys

Good day Lyndsey.

Interesting questions and a good challenge. With regards to your 'I agree' vs 'I disagree' design, have you tried building this 'check' as a Freeform Question? Freeform Questions usually allow you a lot more freedom as to what happens when certain parameters are met but still keep the reporting aspects of Storyline's tracking intact. 

As for LMS reporting. There a few things to consider: What API does your LMS use for tracking? SCORM (cmi.interactions) or xAPI (TinCan - verbs / statements).

Certain cmi interactions should be able to pass a string to your LMS (i.e a liker scale's responses), while TinCan is much more capable of doing statement manipulation for the activity (or event's) description parameters. As mentioned earlier, it all depends on what your LMS is 'listening' for and how it interprets it.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.