Scenario Based Learning

Jul 26, 2022

Hello Friends!!! I need to create a scenario based onboarding module for our new hires.  The concept is to create a new hire walking into the campus thinking what is job role is, how the training would be, etc and then he enters the office room and then we go ahead from there.  How do I create this in Articulate 360 where I can show a person walking on a pathway and thinking?

3 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hi Tasneem and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! 🎉 That sounds like a really cool idea! I don't recall seeing a walking animation example, but if it's an option, you can show the campus buildings and the rooms from the learner's perspective where they are the person taking a tour. You could show the campus on the slide and they could click on a building/room to enter to see from their own perspective. Just an idea!

If you already have a clear vision of what you want to do using a walking character, you might want to check out this example. It's a different topic but shows a really creative way to navigate around a building that could also work for onboarding. Of course, they used other tools to create the visuals, so you'd need to get familiar with those tools as well.

And just in case you're looking for more inspiration on onboarding examples, this article has a bunch of ideas. I hope that sparks some new ideas for you!

Denise Marshall

Do you have access to other tools like Vyond or PowToon? When I create similar training, I create my animations in Vyond/PowToon, add the videos to Storyline, and then insert my buttons, interactions, and triggers. The end product is an incredible interactive video that can communicate with an LMS.